Variable Tuition Program Application Instructions
Every year, Smithtown Christian School provides significant help for families with verifiable need through its Tuition Assistance Program now aptly named Variable Tuition. The mission of the Variable Tuition Program is to provide as many mission-aligned families as possible with the means to acquire a distinctively Christian education for their children. Variable Tuition is available for both current and new families.
Financial need is determined by one of our strategic partners, FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment Service. Using a non-biased third-party service frees the SCS Board from having to wade through the time- consuming and very sensitive task of determining actual financial needs of our families. FACTS does not make decisions about actual awards; their service merely calculates applicants’ level of need/ability to pay, according to information provided by families and industry-standard best practices. The SCS Board designated Variable Tuition Committee makes determinations, as outlined below.
To apply, visit https://online.factsmgt.com/ga/aid/inst/3M01L, create a user account, pay the $35 application fee, and follow the on-screen instructions. (Note that all applications for Variable Tuition must be submitted online.)
- The SCS Variable Tuition Committee begins accepting applications on March 1st with a deadline of April 15th. Determinations, for the following school year, will be given to families on May 17th. Acceptance must be received by May 30th.
- Applications generally take 2-3 weeks to process once all information and documentation has been submitted and verified.
- In addition to the information and documentation that must be submitted online to FACTS, applicants must also submit the last three (3) months of official, bank-issued bank statements to FACTS via FAX at 866-315-9264. Applications will not be processed without all required documentation on file with FACTS.
- The Variable Tuition process may include an in-person interview with the Committee to review the application.
- All applicants will be informed of the committee’s decision in writing. Along with the notice of the committee’s decision will be the terms and conditions of the award, including ongoing GPA requirements, timeliness of payments, etc.
- Applications for Variable Tuition for new families will not be considered by the committee until a complete admissions application is submitted to the school.
- Determinations will not exceed 50% of full tuition.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please call the school office at 631-265-3334. If your questions are technical in nature, or are regarding the process of actually filling out the Variable Tuition Application, call the FACTS phone number listed on their website.